Pali Gtx 1060 StormX

Apr 14, 2018
Hey,

Im getting a new computer and the graphic card inside is the palit gtx 1060 stormx. Ive read about it and some people say that its no good, because it only has 1 fan. But my budget is already on the limit.

Is it really a bad decision ? What do you guys think about the palit gtx 1060 stormx ?

Sincerely

Solution
I don't know anything about the card, but I just saw a photo of it, and it's not the one fan that's the problem but the cooler design itself. The cooler is a block design with fins for the air to pass through, this is very much like a basic stock CPU cooler, there are no heat pipes. So, yes with this cooler design it will run hot.

This doesn't mean that all one fan designs are bad, I have an EVGA 1060 6gb SC, it's a one fan design and it clocks itself up to 2,000MHz (this is Nvidia's GPU boost in action), yet it never gets above 65C and is very quiet. But the EVGA non SC version runs hot because it's the same basic cooler as I described above......you need a cooler that uses heat pipes.
I don't know anything about the card, but I just saw a photo of it, and it's not the one fan that's the problem but the cooler design itself. The cooler is a block design with fins for the air to pass through, this is very much like a basic stock CPU cooler, there are no heat pipes. So, yes with this cooler design it will run hot.

This doesn't mean that all one fan designs are bad, I have an EVGA 1060 6gb SC, it's a one fan design and it clocks itself up to 2,000MHz (this is Nvidia's GPU boost in action), yet it never gets above 65C and is very quiet. But the EVGA non SC version runs hot because it's the same basic cooler as I described above......you need a cooler that uses heat pipes.

Solution