[SOLVED] Palit 1080 Ti SuperJet Stream Steel Reinforced slot?Good card?

frozensun

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
Hey friends.

I think I'll go with this card,I have an offer 430 euros for it,,not bad huh?

I particulary want to play games at 1440P at ultra details,FPS doesn't matter,all above 60 is good in the future

So is it good choice?

I also want to know since card is quite heavy does it require steel reinforced slot,because mine is not?

Solution
I agree.I checked like from other guys and they sell for around 400 euros no warranty.
No warranty? Pfft. All ripoffs.
No kind of backup on a 2nd hand card if things go south shortly after purchase - the seller bails on you; can't get in touch with 'em anymore.[I'm a bit paranoid...]

Ok, the card launched at 620 Euro. Then there's the fancier models that could be had up to 100 Euro more - or even higher.
The Super Jetstream shouldn't have been that much higher at the time - likely around 660 Euro.
-It's 3 years old
-it's not compatible with the recently launched DX12 Ultimate like the Turing gpus are
-there are cards that can rival it's performance for the same price or less - and they have warranties; 2070 Super and RX 5700XT...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
430(482.92USD) Euros is HIGH for that. I wouldn't call that a deal at all.
That price would've made more sense like a year or 2 ago. The thing is over 3 years old now.

Mate, get a new RTX 2070 or 2070 Super and get almost the same performance - screw that seller...

frozensun

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
430(482.92USD) Euros is HIGH for that. I wouldn't call that a deal at all.
That price would've made more sense like a year or 2 ago. The thing is over 3 years old now.

Mate, get a new RTX 2070 or 2070 Super and get almost the same performance - screw that seller...
600 euros is 2070 super here...besides 1080 Ti beats 2070 S in every game.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
600 euros is 2070 super here
Bummer.
Is that including shipping costs? Because I'm seeing some on partpicker for as low as ~530 Euros.

1080 Ti beats 2070 S in every game.
Some context needed. Here's mine:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zlgRJewqLM

A 9900K OC'd to 5.0ghz was used; slower cpus will not yield results as high in the samples.
Video covers 12 games across both 1080p and 1440p, as well as an average at 1440p across 35 games near the end. The difference is even smaller at 1080p; likely why a 35 game average chart wasn't included.
There's even a list with the average selling price - in USD for the card.

I still believe you'd be overpaying for that, ~but...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I agree.I checked like from other guys and they sell for around 400 euros no warranty.
No warranty? Pfft. All ripoffs.
No kind of backup on a 2nd hand card if things go south shortly after purchase - the seller bails on you; can't get in touch with 'em anymore.[I'm a bit paranoid...]

Ok, the card launched at 620 Euro. Then there's the fancier models that could be had up to 100 Euro more - or even higher.
The Super Jetstream shouldn't have been that much higher at the time - likely around 660 Euro.
-It's 3 years old
-it's not compatible with the recently launched DX12 Ultimate like the Turing gpus are
-there are cards that can rival it's performance for the same price or less - and they have warranties; 2070 Super and RX 5700XT are the closest - there's also the 2080, but it's price has gone up because it's no longer in production.

The price should've dropped by OVER HALF. People are being too bloody greedy.
For that Palit 1080Ti Super Jetstream: 300-350 Euro.

Solution