Question Palit 3070 Ti GAMING PRO vs GameRock

Mikey Serious

Prominent
Apr 20, 2022
Hello. Tell me please. Which one to choose from the two (ONLY they).

1. Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING PRO
  2. Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock
The price difference is $55. For games. Is GameRock a good card? Cooling should be better. I care about temperatures. Especially GDDR6X memory.

P.S. GameRock had memory overheating. BUT now, they say, the defect is fixed.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

I care about temperatures.
Might want to also include the make and model of your case and the fans placement/orientation in said case. Also include your ambient room air temps.

The GameRock card is merely for aesthetics, though the higher TDP might be due to the ARGB controller on the card...I don't see a spike in clocks for said card. The GameRock is the expensive card?

Mikey Serious

Prominent
Apr 20, 2022
Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

I care about temperatures.
Might want to also include the make and model of your case and the fans placement/orientation in said case. Also include your ambient room air temps.

The GameRock card is merely for aesthetics, though the higher TDP might be due to the ARGB controller on the card...I don't see a spike in clocks for said card. The GameRock is the expensive card?
I have a full tower case. There shouldn't be any problems. PSU 750 Watt, Corsair. I'm interested in ONLY ONE. Which card is better? By cooling.
GameRock is $55 more expensive.

KyaraM

Admirable
Would get with the less expensive one, I doubt there is a huge difference. For temperatures, undervolting is more efficient anyways from my experience. It does keep my Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070Ti at a nice and stable 68-70°C anyways.

Btw, the question for the tower and fans isn't for finding out if the card fits, but how air flow is since there can be huge differences.

Reactions: Mikey Serious
Pretty plain to see you're out for one or the other, not both. ;) But they're identical cards. The GameRock variant has a better looking cooler. 20 Watt TDP difference because of the RGB and probably the controller to go along with it. Checked quickly, but I can't find any in-depth videos about overclocking/undervolting/temperature testing.

And yes, fan amount, layout and orientation matter. CPU temperatures are also affected more by the RTX 3000 series than previous generations because of the air passthrough on the PCB.

KyaraM

Admirable
And yes, fan amount, layout and orientation matter. CPU temperatures are also affected more by the RTX 3000 series than previous generations because of the air passthrough on the PCB.
Ooph, the air pass-through... ditectly in front of my CPU (air) cooler intake -.-
Basically the reason I have a top-mounted intake fan as a counter, lol. No idea who thought that was a good idea.

Mikey Serious

Prominent
Apr 20, 2022
I don't understand why you need a power supply? R750x (video card 300 watts + processor 150 watts. HDD / SSD - 50 watts, motherboard + 25 watts and a margin of 30%. Total: 675 watts. The power supply is new, gold). It will be enough with a margin. I take a GameRock 3070Ti card. She is colder, quieter. The limit is higher than the power consumption limit. She's a little more expensive. I'm willing to pay for the best.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@Mikey Serious
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

^Transient power spikes on RTX 30 - generally the upper end, is pretty bad. Some models have worse spikes than others. Current RTX 40 rumors circling around are saying they're even worse.
Folks have had to invest more money in power supplies with them.
Power supplies are not created equal. Wattage and brand name isn't enough to tell others how well it'll hold up with these gpus.

Vbios for Gamerock OC. [No one's donated the vbios for Gaming Pro yet... there's a bigger list of Palit's 3080s, and it looks like the Gamerock variants have higher power limits than Gaming Pro, so I would expect the same to apply with their 3070Ti.]
That card has power limits of 340 and 360w, it's entirely possible for it to produce transients of 500w or more on it's own.

You should be ok there with the Corsair RM750X.

Reactions: Mikey Serious

Mikey Serious

Prominent
Apr 20, 2022
@Mikey Serious
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

^Transient power spikes on RTX 30 - generally the upper end, is pretty bad. Some models have worse spikes than others. Current RTX 40 rumors circling around are saying they're even worse.
Folks have had to invest more money in power supplies with them.
Power supplies are not created equal. Wattage and brand name isn't enough to tell others how well it'll hold up with these gpus.

Vbios for Gamerock OC. [No one's donated the vbios for Gaming Pro yet... there's a bigger list of Palit's 3080s, and it looks like the Gamerock variants have higher power limits than Gaming Pro, so I would expect the same to apply with their 3070Ti.]
That card has power limits of 340 and 360w, it's entirely possible for it to produce transients of 500w or more on it's own.

You should be ok there with the Corsair RM750X.
Thanks for the reply and the article. An interesting note. However, I watch GameRock (no OC). This is a cross between GAMING PRO and GameRock OC. Weird. There are no others there. It's on the Palette website. "OC" is listed separately. But they are similar, and should not be different.