Palit Claims Most Powerful Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
id love to see some benchmarks on this; then i remember that tom's seems to refuse benchmarking the 4870x2 in general. maybe we'll see some after nvidia's new line comes out =/

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
so its basically an overclocked 4870x2... what makes is theirs exactly? BUT i do think its a fantastic idea triple slotting dual gpu cards, it'll keep alotta morons from crossfiring them...

calam1ty

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Is the core really overclocked? I may be completely wrong but i thought the standard core clock on the 4870X2 was 750 MHZ. If that's the case than only the RAM is overclocked. Am i missing something here?

Duncan NZ

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
This article is just wrong. Looked at the Palit website, it does ship at 750MHz, which is stock speed, so this isn't the most powerful video card. Supposedly, what it offers is overclocking potential

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Some reason this card makes me laugh inside. Id like to see it benched against normal 4870x2. Looks like a fancy cooling solution to me.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
How is this the first overclocked 750 to hit the market? There was a 780mhz core clock one in the first week it was launched. This article seems pretty inaccurate.

What if I want to watch a SD vid(downloads or DVD's)? that would be a waste of a good HD screen since up scaling does minimal amounts to make it look better(dvd is ok, but nothing special). Also 4:3 aspect ratio video is also a waste for wide screen monitors(unless you like turning that new 30 inch screen into a 24 inch screen).

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]id love to see some benchmarks on this; then i remember that tom's seems to refuse benchmarking the 4870x2 in general. maybe we'll see some after nvidia's new line comes out =/[/citation]
Idiot.

G

er .. there is a problem .. how to do xfire since this card take 3 slot ? (unless u can find a xfire board with bigger spacing)

anartik

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I would like to see one of those cards and how the cooling actually works. To me it looks a lot like a Scythe Musashi with a plastic shroud over it. It might cool very well on the bench but I would suspect it does not do a good job of pumping hot air out of the case as is the issue with most all after market video coolers. With a very hot video card even the best of case cooling will have a hard time if all that heat from video is being pumped or leaks in.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Another marketing /!$& !

Triple slots.. who ever had that idea knew what he was doing...
Shooting him self in the leg, that`s what he did!
Now people who would want to use it in a CrossFire configuration
won`t be able to do so.

That is so smart *-_- ....

G

it is made BY A CHINES COMPANY so it will look good but in real it will not work like they say (The main company headquarter in Hong Kong ,CHINA)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.