Palit Geforce gtx 770 OC overclocking settings

vipsangym

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Hi there! I bought this card(palit geforce gtx 770 oc) nine months ago and I really want to overclock it.I used MSI Afterburner to overclock and this is what I did:
■ I increased the core clock to +70
■ I increased the memory clock to + 395
■ I ran Valley benchmark for 30 minutes and it passed it
I didn't change voltage settings and I set the max temp to 87 c and I changed the fan curve too.

My question: is this overclock stable and safe for my card?Will this overclock reduce my gpu's lifespan?Can I damage my card with this overclock?

Solution
I have 670 windforce and im sure your gtx 770 is voltage locked to 1.175v anyway. You can unlock bios to get 1.212v, this is also safe voltage if your cooling is fine with it.

adding core or memory clock wont reduce your gpu lifespan, but high temperatures will. Same with going above 1.212v if you dont have good cooling solution, or going like above 1.25v even with good cooling might lessen lifespan.

My gtx 670 will start to downclock already at 70c so you should stay below 70 or it will just thermal throttling and your oc melts away.

Set your fan so it goes 100% at 65-68c, how far can you set your power limit slider to the right? This means just limit what is max tdp for your card there is no danger here, depending on your psu...

fagetti

Notable
Mar 1, 2018
I have 670 windforce and im sure your gtx 770 is voltage locked to 1.175v anyway. You can unlock bios to get 1.212v, this is also safe voltage if your cooling is fine with it.

adding core or memory clock wont reduce your gpu lifespan, but high temperatures will. Same with going above 1.212v if you dont have good cooling solution, or going like above 1.25v even with good cooling might lessen lifespan.

My gtx 670 will start to downclock already at 70c so you should stay below 70 or it will just thermal throttling and your oc melts away.

Set your fan so it goes 100% at 65-68c, how far can you set your power limit slider to the right? This means just limit what is max tdp for your card there is no danger here, depending on your psu thought.

Im at +175 core and +825 memory and its consuming 137% maximum power limit at furmark stress testing.

Solution

fagetti

Notable
Mar 1, 2018
this is on air cooling gigabyte windforce 3x stock and im hitting max 65c in games with this overclock and 69-70c in furmark. This is with 1.212v unlocked bios

You should look for cheap aftermarket cooler for it if its not enough, liquid cooling too expensive for so old card like these

vipsangym

Reputable
May 29, 2017

Well, my highest temp is around 75 c with this overclock in a benchmark so in games like nfs payback or fortnite i am getting around 65-70c.Is this too high?As i said i changed the fan curve to some higher values and i think i am good with this overclock.

fagetti

Notable
Mar 1, 2018
When it hits 70c it throttles first time, you can disable this By modding bios but i wont suggest it first thing. Best thing for you would be disassemblying Graphics card and adding quality thermal paste like NT-H1 or GC gelid extreme and cleaning all fans of dust. This would probably lower your temperatures By 5-10 degrees even, been there. And then you could overclock it even higher.

Just try keep it max 68c when gaming that would need fans curve 100% at 65-67c. And like i said set power limit to 112% or what max you have, i have it at 200% since modded bios.