[SOLVED] Palit GTX 1050ti fan spinning pc seems to post ok but blank screen

TechBloke

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2016
Hi all. Got this gpu in a cheap sale as not working. I've tried different cables, 3 different motherboards and 3 monitors. All have same results. Fan on gpu is spinning and pc appears to post ok but the screen is blank. When I say blank, monitor indicates that a signal is getting through (power button green) but stays blank. Should I take apart and maybe replace thermal paste? Fan a little dusty. Not sure what else I can do.

Solution
When you buy a not working gpu, most people just hope it's a thermal issue and reapply the thermal paste. If that doesn't work, bin it, it isn't worth the expense of having it fixed unless you have the knowledge and equipment to resolder components, and even then, if it's a bad ram chip or something that would have to be sourced.

Remeca

Reputable
When you buy a not working gpu, most people just hope it's a thermal issue and reapply the thermal paste. If that doesn't work, bin it, it isn't worth the expense of having it fixed unless you have the knowledge and equipment to resolder components, and even then, if it's a bad ram chip or something that would have to be sourced.

Solution