Palit GTX 1070 overheat

Jun 28, 2018
Hello, so i decided to go for mini ITX build. So i bought a second hand 1070, and the selger was using this for mining... the price was ok so i upgraded from 1060. But when i play the temp raises too almost 80c and it crashes. Note i did not yet do tweaks and stuff, just normal configurzation. I think the ITX case is may be the problem. Or the GPU?

case is Phanteks entoo evolve mini ITX.

i got one 140mm fan on front and two 120mm on top, and nothing at back... the fans are positioned as it should be the rail side at back.

So i am not the smartest with airflow and i consider to change the case also.

Any help and tips would be appreciated.

ron2456

Distinguished
Case 1: First it was a gpu use for mining, this puts way too much stress on a gpu and shortens its lifespan.
Case 2: If its a mini itx case with limited airflow temps would be higher.

Well 80c shouldn't really be causing it to crash. What are the rest of the system specs? Clean install of drivers? Do you know if the previous owner loaded a custom bios on the card better suited for mining?

Jun 28, 2018

Specs are. 7700k
z270 msi
16 gb ram 2400 kHz

All drivers up to date.
He sayd he used it for mining for about 5 months. Average temp 50-60c custom for mining.
The case and GPU has very low gap. And maybe the airflow is bad.

Jun 28, 2018

Thank you, i will look for it;)

one thing to check is see if he used a custom cooler when he mined then put the stock cooler back on. if the old owner did this then there may be no paste or old paste went bad under the fans. to see if you case is the issue open the case and game if the gpu gets hot see if a small fan blowing over the case changes anything.

TRENDING THREADS