Question Palit Gtx 1080 Gamerock Premium, LED Light flickering

clubman

Commendable
Dec 1, 2017
Hello, everybody! My Palit Gtx 1080 Gamerock Premium LED Light started flickering, flashing from one side (left or right doesn't matter, it depends how you look at it). It is set to GPU Temperature profile in the ThunderMaster software from the start (since december 2017). In this profile, the light is constant green when the temperature is normal, yellow and red when should be hotter (for me, it was only green, because I don't stress the card and never overclocked it). Any ideas - just to be SERVICED for repair of the led , OR RMA , because it could be an indication for possible future circuit problems, etc. ? I observed that when using some of the other colors it doesn't have this problem (but only some of them). Could it be different led bulbs for different colors, and the one that answers for the green or similar colors is the one with the problem?! Thanks!

clubman

Commendable
Dec 1, 2017
Power is more than enough (you can see under my signature what is my PC build). The GPU hasn't been moved from the slot and it was working fine, it shouldn't be the reason for the problem. I think that moving it to another slot or PC will not solve the problem, but I can try. The main thing that concerns me is if it's the LED , should I give it for repairs, or should I insist for a replacement.

Digger13vt

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
I have such a problem with green glow, I suppose that this is due to the fact that green shines more than other colors and burn out. I want to remove the backlight and replace the LEDs or install a capacitor to avoid flickering.

clubman

Commendable
Dec 1, 2017
I just saw that in the ThunderMaster Release Note20191001 for the new driver ThunderMaster_v3.32 there is a text:

"V3.32
Fix LED issue
Fix “Restore Fan #2 auto” issue"

I will observe if the issue has been fixed.

Digger13vt

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
I disassembled the backlight of the video card. I connected the power to each color of the LED separately. I realized that one LED shines very weakly in green, and the second blinks randomly. It is necessary to drill old LEDs from a plastic backlight element and glue new ones, for example with transparent epoxy glue. The size of the LED is suitable - 255 Diod RGB LED.