Palit on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Youtube!

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
It is a shame you guys are not doing ATI graphics card. Hopefully that will change?
Anyways I am interested in seeing your over clocking card in action compared to other manufacturers (for example MSI's HD 5770 HAWK can reach 1 ghz overclock with it's stock cooling/MSI afterburner software). Can your PCB designs really hold up in the world of true enthusiast graphics card, that is the question I am asking myself.

Also how does your warranty differ from other manufacturers.

I know that you pointed out the limited warranty on other manufacturers, but looking through Palit's website I can find no specific warranty information. Could you provide a detailed warranty document? You can PM me if you'd like, I'm not looking to deter people from buying Palit, just wanting some information before I consider Palit as a brand to purchase..

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
We do not sell ATI anymore and I do not know if that would change or not.

Currently we offer 1 year warranty for parts and labor. It should be the same as any other warranties usually. As long as its not physically damage or modification damage then we will warranty it.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Do you guys allow voltage increase through software like afterburner, using modified BIOS. Also do you guys allow changing stock cooler? I just want to know because I will go on market for a GPU, and if going with you guys is the better option I am all for it.

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Our cooler on our video card is our own design and we prefer to sell our custom design cooler card.

Yes, you can mod the card specs, bios, volt, and cooler as long as it don't physically damage it. For example, setting on high voltage can sometimes burn the card which result in physically damage and is not cover by warranty. So just make sure you are a pro and know all your numbers before modding.

I was wondering if you could clear up something for me regarding the warranty -- Someone on the other thread had mentioned his Gainward GPU having a 3 ear warranty in the UK. - So I went to the gainward website to find out if this was correct and came across your new RMA policy for Gainward which states that RMAs can no longer be taken from individuals and that instead of the end user - the place of purchase must handle all RMAs (Gainward will only take RMA's from licensed resellers - Is this going to be the case in the US also ?? - The reason I ask is that it seems that would add substantially to any RMA or warranty replacement if the end user must contact the Place of purchase and then wait for them to handle the RMA to Palit (or Gainward which is owned by Palit) who then ships it back to the Place of purchase who then finally gets it returned to the end user -- Not to mention the fact that many Places that retail cards will not want to take RMAs for products later in the warranty period than the 60 days that they offer a return - What would be the course of action if the Place of purchase refuses to handle an RMA for a product that is under warranty ? Do you have any knowledge of whether this is going to be the RMA policy within the US also - or if it will be changed to this after awhile as seems to be the case in the UK ?

In case you have not seen their new support policy here is an excerpt from it and the entire policy can be found here

Warranty claims regarding GAINWARD'S products can only be carried out by
Representative parties to GAINWARD Europe GmbH these meaning distributors and
other cooperative partners under legal contract with GAINWARD Europe GmbH.
Direct claims from resellers and end-users towards GAINWARD will no longer be
handled directly by GAINWARD. End-users with warranty claims, support issues or
other technical enquiries regarding G AINWARD's line of products are therefore
required to directly contact their place o f purchase. These places will forward any
enquiries, claims or other errands to the correct reoresentative within GAINWARD.
Direct handling of warranty claims with GAINWARD can only be carried out if the
product has been purchased directly from GAINWARD, e. g. Via GAINWARD'S
Web shop or under similar circumstance

i guess you haven't seen what he has been doing, he has been deleting posts when people give advise to another company based on warranty or when we try to point the short comings of Palit, closing/deleting threads of discussions, and setting his answers to best answer without giving the OP a chance to (even ones that don't really even pertain to the issue)

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
They love Palit that is why they are always on our section. :)

It's like people who hate the Apple ipad but end up buying it anyways.

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008

yeah i guess i havent seen it all but i have quickly gone through many threads that you guys has attacked palit :) anyways i had a palit 9600 pro and it worked fine and i have nothing against palit. 1 year warranty of course could be improved because thats not a long time and i think many people keep their graphics card longer than 1 year. thats just my personal opinion, i think it would be a really good think if you palit could make it 2 years because im pretty sure more people would buy your products and not have to be so worried about the warranty :)

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
We do have 2 years warranty, but only if you buy it from distribution. If we change the warranty Policy then it will effect word wide policy. It's not that easy when we are doing good with 1 year warranty world wide and then enter the US Market and change it.

This would take some time. If anything we would do extended warranty but that would mean we have to change our World wide policy. I hope you all understand and stop giving us a hard time. :)

I like being the forum NAZI. That is a awesome nickname. haha

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008

ok, lol forum NAZI, i dont think palit did start this war about warranties but of course i havent seen all threads and posts. at least i think we should all forget this warranty argument, whats in it for anyone anyway? if palit is doing fine then its good for them :) i dont think any forum member can change the warranty and its no use to attack the palit guy, of course he is doing everything to make palit look good :) he would be pretty stupid if he bashed his own product you know :)

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
no problem. i just dont like it when somebody starts a damn war at a little thing :) its like they have no life and just bashing others becuase its making them feel better. of course i dont mean any offense in this post and i dont point it at any person.

Most people are not attacking palit, Just simply asking questions, and in turn getting rude responses, deleted comments and the OP gets their Best answer taken away from them. For me I don't have a problem with anything palit do (E.g warranty period) just questioning it out of curiosity.

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
of course most people dont but i have seen a few with ridiculous arguments and such against the warranty, if you dont like it dont buy it you know :) and no one should be that curious that they start a flame war over a little thing anyway. i dont mean that warranty is nothing to care about but its not the biggest thing. if a graphics card is working new they last a long time in most of the cases :)

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Read the thread please.

You ask a question. I gave the answer. It was simple answer to a simple question. But instead some of you turn it into negative and keep attacking. So please let drop this subject.

Thank you.

If you create an account on a forum full of people that buy graphics cards and your representing your company you have to expect questions regarding the company your representing. If you don't like the questions being asked then just leave, don't be rude to other forum members.
My argument really isn't about warranty, It's about how PalitUSA is rude to forum members and abuses his moderator privileges by deleting posts and selecting himself as best answer in someone else's thread.