[SOLVED] Panasonic CF-52 Toughbook question

stingray230sx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
i want to disable the "tap to click" on my toughbook, but it only shows a ps2 mouse under the devices so i am unable to do so.
it was bought as a no hdd and i am running a crucial 500gig SSD with win 7 pro
no other issues at all
any suggestions

thanks
doug

Solution
well, it is looking like i have no options with this current setup.
wanted to and will be using this laptop for auto diagnostic software [it has a serial port ] so really hated the sensitive tap to click on the pad.
however this was gifted to me for getting another identical cf-52 up and running, basically brand new with a pelican case etc......
i tried again to search on duckduckgo using a new string of words and did find users with similar ps2 mouse listed in device manager, but they were Dell users and the solution was a touchpad driver from Dell.
i purchased a ssd preloaded for the toughbook with win 7Pro 64 bit but it seems as if Panasonic didnt make a 64bit touchpad driver for the cf-52 [mk2].
dont really want to downgrade the...

stingray230sx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
i will have to get the laptop out and check, but on this win 10 desktop, the only option under folders is single or double click to open

all the tutorials i can find send me to devices-options-mouse but i don't have a "pad" listed so Im at a loss, unless its in the bios, as i haven't looked there yet

stingray230sx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
wanted to and will be using this laptop for auto diagnostic software [it has a serial port ] so really hated the sensitive tap to click on the pad.
however this was gifted to me for getting another identical cf-52 up and running, basically brand new with a pelican case etc......
i tried again to search on duckduckgo using a new string of words and did find users with similar ps2 mouse listed in device manager, but they were Dell users and the solution was a touchpad driver from Dell.
i purchased a ssd preloaded for the toughbook with win 7Pro 64 bit but it seems as if Panasonic didnt make a 64bit touchpad driver for the cf-52 [mk2].
dont really want to downgrade the OS so looks like i am stuck with the tap to click

stingray230sx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
dont really want to downgrade the OS so looks like i am stuck with the tap to click
SUCCESS!!
After walking away from it for a while and fixing an ice tea, then feeding my herd of kittle i laid back and had a idea
I was using the Panasonic driver site with the laptop model plugged in
I figured that later laptops would have win7/64 so started searching and a mk3 performance listing had a touchpad driver for the 7/64 so i tried it and it worked

Solution