[SOLVED] Panning not silky smooth

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi all, I'm using a windows 10 machine plugged into my AVR using an HDMI cable. my machine has an i7-9700 cpu and a 1050Ti video card. My .mkv 4k remux movies are stored on a NAS and the speed between the PC and the NAS is 1Gbps. I'm using Plex to watch the movies. When I'm watching a movie and there is panning, its not too choppy but not silky smooth either. What part of my PC would cause that, the video card?

Solution
Hi all, I'm using a windows 10 machine plugged into my AVR using an HDMI cable. my machine has an i7-9700 cpu and a 1050Ti video card. My .mkv 4k remux movies are stored on a NAS and the speed between the PC and the NAS is 1Gbps. I'm using Plex to watch the movies. When I'm watching a movie and there is panning, its not too choppy but not silky smooth either. What part of my PC would cause that, the video card?

The screen you are watching it on also has a huge effect on how the side to side motion looks, are you on a high refresh rate screen? Have you tried different displays, a monitor vs a TV, a few different TVs?

The screen you are watching it on also has a huge effect on how the side to side motion looks, are you on a high refresh rate screen? Have you tried different displays, a monitor vs a TV, a few different TVs?

Solution

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
That's a good point, i didn't think of that. I'm using a 2018 Vizio M series tv. Don't know the exact model or refresh rate. I haven't tried another tv or monitor.

kanewolf

Titan
It is possible your problem is how the 4K TV is dealing with the lower resolution source material. You may be able to tweak the TV settings to improve this.

TRENDING THREADS