GPS: yes

All is good but I think:
-too big
-too expensive

Also, how's battery life?

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]wozza365[/nom]its not the biggest Huawei Ascend Mate is 6.1" screen[/citation]

Biggest full HD.
As stated in the article, Huawei Ascend Mate is 6.1 but only 720p, that's just HD not full HD.

halcyon

Splendid
^ Full HD, 1920x1080...as is appropriate in this size class. The Ascend Mate's low resolution screen is lacking for a device its size in 2013. This Pantech looks like a pretty slick device. ...but hopefully, the Note 3 will add a removable battery to the recipe.

acktionhank

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]So, basically a 6" 4G tablet?You can easily spot the kissless virgins by the comical size of their phones.[/citation]

Eventually they we will have a 5 inch phone, that will fold open to the internal 9 inch tablet screen.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Records are there to be beaten ... but at the end of the day, will it sell?
Would a car manufacturer advertise on "the heavyest family car of the wold" or "this car has the biggest Dashboard buttons ever" ?

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
"Too big" is at least partly a matter of personal preference. People will vote with their wallets here.

I'm glad the industry is still pushing the envelope on size.

[citation][nom]acktionhank[/nom]Eventually they we will have a 5 inch phone, that will fold open to the internal 9 inch tablet screen.[/citation]
much more likely to have a 5" phone that can wirelessly dock to a larger display and be used as a desktop.
If the days of the flip phone and slide out keyboards taught us anything it is that movable and fold-able parts do not belong on fragile portable equipment.

@article
6" is a bit big for me personally, but if you can get an OS on there that can do real multi-tasking then I would much rather have an oversized phone that (barely) fits in my pocket than any kind of tablet or laptop. Even my Lumia 920 has replaced my laptop for almost everything. The only time I need it anymore is if I am going to be out of town and do not want to haul my desktop along for the ride.

jtenorj

Distinguished
5 inch phones are borderline too big. 6 inch phones are seriously encroaching on 7 inch tablet territory. I see most people swinging one way(5inch phone) or the other(7inch tablet). Not in the middle. Maybe that's just me.

halcyon

Splendid
The reason I don't think this is too big is that the Note 2 now seems just fine in size and the S3 actually seems a bit small. The iPhone's screen-size seems budget-oriented. You get used to the larger screens very quick.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]when will phones be "to big"?Eventually you won't even be able to hold them with one hand....[/citation]
For a phone I don't think they'll ever really get too big. At least not for me see I like it wonder microphone I'm talking into his right by my mouth and if I want the speaker in my ear that would make the phone need to be about 6 to 7 inches long. This 5.9 is a diagonal dimension, it doesn't translate how long I want the phone to be an ace still think it's too short. What I want is a phone that's maybe a 4 inch clamshell but comes out to 8 inches money taken out. It has a top and bottom screen them both whom are big enough to equal any one cell phone from four years ago. And I want them to be sicker I don't like cell phones as they stand now because if your complete a credit card up to my head. I wanted to be some bulk that I can grab onto, to feel in my palm I don't want to just have two or three fingers holding it.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I currently own the Samsung Galaxy Note II which is 5.5" and is perfect for me. It barely fits in my pocket so can't imagine anything bigger would do to pockets.

Granted bigger can be better but it depends on what you are gonna use it for. If you rarely use it as a cell phone then yes bigger screen is better. Just expect to use bluetooth if you find it awkward holding 6" or bigger phone up against your face.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Same size at the Kindle now. I think cellphones should stick to one handed objects. I don't think 6" will fit in your pocket, so where are you gonna put it? Sure it is good for people who don't really use it for cellphones, but then why didn't you just get a tablet instead? Why not just keep the two things split? You don't necessarily need a universal product that does everything. Take for example reading on the Note 2, sure it's handy to have a phone and book in one device, but at the end of the day, the screen wasn't meant for reading and will cause eye fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts