paper printer-->cd printer

G

anyone know how to convert an ordinary inkjet style paper printer into one that can handle CD's? I see no reason why someone should have to pay over $1000 for a cd printer.

<font color=red>=P

G

NEATO and Memorex are just two of the companies that produce Jewel cases and CD labels.

Next, you will need a Jewel case creator and/or CD labeler program. Adeptec and Hewlett Packard make some pretty easy to use programs for these tasks. Adaptec's DirectCD comes with a Jewel case creator. After you design your CD label and Jewel case, you will want to find a label applicator. There are a wide range of CD label applicators and one is pretty much as good as the next. I believe NEATO actually gives you a label applicator with large bundles of CD labels. All should work with both Inkjet and Laserjet printers.

I've always used an inkjet or laserjet printer to make my CD labels. What the heck is a CD printer anyway? Does that engrave into the CD surface?

Thank you for your time,

Iceburn

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Those CD printers actually print, or paint, on the surface of the CD. No glued on labels.

<font color=green>I've had enough cookies.</font color=green> <font color=blue><i>Got milk?</i></font color=blue>