News Paperlike color portable e-ink monitor hits U.S. market for $849 — Dasung Paperlike Color portable monitor flexes 12-inch, 2560 x 1600 touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The obvious application for this is not a stand-alone monitor but should be part of a tablet or laptop/tablet hybrid. Then the small screen makes much more sense and its size won't contradict the relief to eyestrain that it is intended to provide.

Reactions: Sluggotg

funguseater

Distinguished
It's really too bad you fail to mention the abysmal refresh rate of e-ink, then at the end of the article play up the high refresh rates of completely different technologies. Pretty scummy sales technique there.

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
I wish they make 8"-10" tablet with this technology, equipped with pen/stylus and kindle/pdf/cbr compatible and capable to open word/excel/powerpoint so I could read book, take a note, review reports, and show some presentation while on the move,

For this kind of job I think that 12" is to big/cumbersome/heavy to held with one hand and operate with other.

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
I wish they make 8"-10" tablet with this technology, equipped with pen/stylus and kindle/pdf/cbr compatible and capable to open word/excel/powerpoint so I could read book, take a note, review reports, and show some presentation while on the move,
Boox Note Air3 C, and Boox Tab Ultra C
For this kind of job I think that 12" is to big/cumbersome/heavy to held with one hand and operate with other.
19" and up would be ideal for desktop use. A lot of office workers and academics would be very happy with an e-ink only monitor. Refresh rate wouldn't be an issue in most of those applications.

Sluggotg

Honorable
Feb 17, 2019
The 4096 color limit would not make it suitable for most movie watching. (Although I would imagine some animated programs would look fine). As a book reading device, it would rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.