Papyrus Nascar - anyone else have problems?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.

I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)

anyone?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

<Judge> wrote in message news:62jt80hcttfh75l7ro6qconns6e9fme3nt@4ax.com...
> I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
> lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
> never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
> and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.
>
> I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)
>
> anyone?



No problems here with Nascar 2003. It's the best of the Nascar sims IMO. You
can get the patch and add many new mods from Project Wildfire. Runs great on
my 5200 Ultra.

bluestringer
 

jeff

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
1,172
0
19,280
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Did you try the 45.23 driver? The game crashes on my machine with some of
the newer drivers, plus the 45.23 driver is the fasest for this sim.


Sondog

<Judge> wrote in message news:62jt80hcttfh75l7ro6qconns6e9fme3nt@4ax.com...
> I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
> lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
> never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
> and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.
>
> I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)
>
> anyone?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Changing between an Ati and Nvidia card has been known to cause issues with
nascar racing. Alot of people have resorted to clean installs of their os's
to get rid of any lingering files from the previous cards drivers. I would
suggest trying a driver cleaner and if that doesn't work a clean install may
be in order.
I could not get a ATI 9600XT to run on my machine but a 5700Ultra would...go
figure.

Larry
aka 87RedVette
"bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message
news:%lAjc.94221$Lh2.55563@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
>
> <Judge> wrote in message
news:62jt80hcttfh75l7ro6qconns6e9fme3nt@4ax.com...
> > I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
> > lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
> > never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
> > and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.
> >
> > I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)
> >
> > anyone?
>
>
>
> No problems here with Nascar 2003. It's the best of the Nascar sims IMO.
You
> can get the patch and add many new mods from Project Wildfire. Runs great
on
> my 5200 Ultra.
>
> bluestringer
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I did - used driver cleaner to rid the box of ATI stuff, loaded the
5900. did the same in reverse to reinstall the 9600, and back again
after that.

Just plain weird I tell ya......





On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:36:32 GMT, "LTeague" <lteague@removesc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Changing between an Ati and Nvidia card has been known to cause issues with
>nascar racing. Alot of people have resorted to clean installs of their os's
>to get rid of any lingering files from the previous cards drivers. I would
>suggest trying a driver cleaner and if that doesn't work a clean install may
>be in order.
>I could not get a ATI 9600XT to run on my machine but a 5700Ultra would...go
>figure.
>
>Larry
>aka 87RedVette
>"bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message
>news:%lAjc.94221$Lh2.55563@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
>>
>> <Judge> wrote in message
>news:62jt80hcttfh75l7ro6qconns6e9fme3nt@4ax.com...
>> > I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
>> > lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
>> > never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
>> > and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.
>> >
>> > I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)
>> >
>> > anyone?
>>
>>
>>
>> No problems here with Nascar 2003. It's the best of the Nascar sims IMO.
>You
>> can get the patch and add many new mods from Project Wildfire. Runs great
>on
>> my 5200 Ultra.
>>
>> bluestringer
>>
>>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Nope, all I've tried are 56xx drivers. I'll give it a shot, thanks!



On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:27:36 -0400, "Jeff" <jrigdon_2078@fuse.net>
wrote:

>Did you try the 45.23 driver? The game crashes on my machine with some of
>the newer drivers, plus the 45.23 driver is the fasest for this sim.
>
>
>Sondog
>
><Judge> wrote in message news:62jt80hcttfh75l7ro6qconns6e9fme3nt@4ax.com...
>> I have Leadtek 5900xt which replaced a 9600pro. Not that I play it a
>> lot, but Nascar 2002 crashes everytime, when I use the 5900xt. It
>> never crashed with the ATI. I tried nascar 4 (2000 or 1999 version?)
>> and it did the same thing - runs happy with ATI, crashes with nvidia.
>>
>> I tried 4 different nvidia drivers (2 stock, 2 tweaked)
>>
>> anyone?
>