Parallel Port Command Line Control

I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
--
Bob Felton

http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm

http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial.jsp?ID=1000000407:epsg:sud&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&CT=AGILENT_EDITORIAL&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

(watch URL wrap)

http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm

Google'ing on "windows NT" + "parallel port"
returned 60,600 hits, out of 3 pages, I got
what you see above.

Can't be sure how relevant they are, since you
don't say what programming environment you're using ;-)

"Bob Felton" <rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
> XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
> bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
> --
> Bob Felton

Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
Windows 2000 Server.

--
Bob Felton

> Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
> parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
> another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
> for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
> Windows 2000 Server.

Can't be done with a batch file. Not enough
functionality.

You would have to write a program using one of
the techniques that use the stuff I already mentioned,
then call that program with a batch file.

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:58:45 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm
> >

>http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial
..jsp?ID=1000000407:epsg:sud&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&CT=AGILENT_EDITORIAL&COUNTRY_C
ODE=ZZ

> >(watch URL wrap)
> >
> >http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm
> >
> >Google'ing on "windows NT" + "parallel port"
> >returned 60,600 hits, out of 3 pages, I got
> >what you see above.
> >
> >Can't be sure how relevant they are, since you
> >don't say what programming environment you're using ;-)
> >

> >"Bob Felton" <rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
> >> XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
> >> bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
> >> --
> >> Bob Felton
> >

> --
> Bob Felton

OK, thanks for quick response. I'll look into those items you
provided and see if I can figure out how to use one.

--
Bob Felton

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:36:07 -0700, Bob Felton
<rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote:

>Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
>parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
>another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
>for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
>Windows 2000 Server.

Pretty simple on XP pro, so should work on 2k server. First you
need to get access to the computer hardware. Use a program called
userport to do that (google for userport.zip). Run userport one
time and you are good to go accessing the hardware from then on.
Below is a link to my page where I have some info on simple
control of the parallel port. The bottom pin2.bat file uses debug
(which is still included in most windows distributions) to
control the parallel port after you have run userport. The below
pin2.bat file sets pin 2 (data 0) on parallel port 378 to +5v.
Using 00 instead of 01 would turn the pin off. To turn all data
pins on, use ff (debug uses hex values). More info on the link
page below.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher.htm

::pin2.bat

@echo off