helpless

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

For a number of years I Have had two IBM notebooks and two HP Deskjet
printers. One is a Deskjet Portable (black and white) and the other Deskjet
(color) 820Cse. They are both parallel connected through a switch and never
had a problem. One notebook has Win 98SE and the other XP Professional.
Here is the BIG problem:

I just got a Dell notebook (with XP Home Edition) which has only 3-USB ports
and one PCMCIA. I took me a week but got the black and white connected with
a 36-pin to USB adapter, but I cannot get the color printer to PRINT anything
that I typed in Word or Wordperfect using the same means of installation. It
prints anything from the Internet or selected sections of an existing
document, though, but with my own documents It goes through the motions but
the page comes out totally blank.

Any ideas, please? Thanks

Already responded to your other post.
--