[SOLVED] Parameter Incorrect

Jun 4, 2019
Hello
I recently bought a laptop for school, but now everytime i boot my laptop i get a error message that says that the "Parameter is incorrect" and the location it shows is ending up at fnkey.exe.
Does anyone know how i can resolve this?

Kind regards

Solution
Use the Startup tab in task manager to disable it from starting up with windows.
Use Apps&Features or Control Panel>Programs to repair the FnKey.
You may be able to download and reinstall it from the laptop manufacturers support website for your laptop.

popatim

Titan
Boot into safe mode and turn off Fn key from starting.

How recent is "Recently" to you? Returning it might be a valid answer unless you believe that it might be something you caused.
A then a factory restore would return it to the Out of Box state.

Jun 4, 2019
Boot into safe mode and turn off Fn key from starting.

How recent is "Recently" to you? Returning it might be a valid answer unless you believe that it might be something you caused.
A then a factory restore would return it to the Out of Box state.
Well it was delivered yesterday, pretty sure i dindt cause it. So my options are a factory reset, returning it or your solution? And can you be more specific with turning off the fn key?

popatim

Titan
Use the Startup tab in task manager to disable it from starting up with windows.
You may be able to download and reinstall it from the laptop manufacturers support website for your laptop.

Solution
Jun 4, 2019
This seemed to work, thanks alot for the help, very helpfull.

TRENDING THREADS