Paranoid about recent motherboard power connector accident

Tonije

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
So i have a relatively new build, and I had an accident with it. To be clear, it still works no problem, but I'm still a little paranoid about it. So the accident occured while i was away, otherwise i would have stopped it. So basically what happened, is my mom threw a cable that from what i can see pulled out the mobo power connector a little bit. That caused the pc to go into a "fans full blast(primarily on the gpu) and no monitor signal". I have seen the same thing happen on another pc before. With about the same cause. I checked for any shorts and couldn't find any, so that was good. There was a bit of an odd smell when i sniffed inside the case, but that could be the smell of the dust on the fans i gotta clean. I whould like to just get rid of any paranoia by double checking with you. I just wonder has anyone elese
seen this before, and does it maybe decrease the lifespan of the components? Already feeling better just after typing this

Solution
If it's working fine than there's nothing to be apprehensive about. Just make sure cables are securely fastened/clipped to where they have to be.