[SOLVED] "Parent AP Status: Disconnected" error after configuring Asus RT N12+ in repeater mode.

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016
I have Excitel optic fiber connection at my home. Using Optilink router OP-XOT 71110AC (https://optilinknetwork.com/SUBSCRIBER-END-EQUIPMENT-OP-XONT-71110AC) as my main router and wanted to extend its wifi range using an Asus RT N12+.

I have tried configuring RT N12+ in repeatrer mode atleast 20 times. But every time I see error "Parent AP Status:Disconnected" on RT N12s home page.

I have tried assigning IP to RT N12+ automatically from parent router as well as manullally from reserved DHCP pool of parent router. But nothing has worked so far.

Asus RT N12 Current Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.380.3590

Solution
Look in your router manual and see if it supports what is called WDS. This is what allows repeaters to function. Although most routers now support it, I don't think WDS was actually added to the office standard so some do not. It can also be disabled or restricted because WDS is considered a security exposure. You may have to make a configuration change in your router to allow it to work.
Look in your router manual and see if it supports what is called WDS. This is what allows repeaters to function. Although most routers now support it, I don't think WDS was actually added to the office standard so some do not. It can also be disabled or restricted because WDS is considered a security exposure. You may have to make a configuration change in your router to allow it to work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS