Question Parents won’t let me get a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphviskaal

Commendable
Feb 24, 2019
So my brother and I want to get a pc but my parents won’t let us. They think it’s a bad investment and that it’s hard to keep up to date. And they think it will break after a year. They also think I could easily get viruses. How can I persuade them to let us buy a pc?
Thanks in advance!

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
So my brother and I want to get a pc but my parents won’t let us. They think it’s a bad investment and that it’s hard to keep up to date. And they think it will break after a year. They also think I could easily get viruses. How can I persuade them to let us buy a pc?
Thanks in advance!
This isn't the kind of technical question I'm used to answering, but I would first try to prove to them just how cheaply an entry-level PC can be built using used components. Often it is true that PCs are difficult to update, but most of the time that only has to be done on occasion, and if you take care of the system and keep it running smoothly, it will barely ever have to be done apart from updating it to run more demanding games and programs. If you take care of the system, it is unlikely to fail for a few years at least. For example, I have a gaming rig that is a decade old, never updated, that is still running to this day.

Reactions: Ralphviskaal
Status
Not open for further replies.