Parhelia under Linux, how to enable XV

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi all,

im currently running a RH9 dist with Matrox Linux driver-pro v1.1.0
beta. (The driver supports XV, says README...)
I managed to configure it to run under XFree, which is great :)
But one thing bothers me. I'd like MPlayer to use my parhelia's XV
ability to draw the video overlay. As i'm a noob I have no idea how to
get it to work and an houre of googling didn't produce any usefull
resources.
As far as i know a call to xvinfo should display a rather large amount
of text, but when i do it it only produces:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
no adaptors present

Any idea what I should do? Links to resources would already do.
Thx for your help & time
peace
andrew

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:15:55 +0200, Andreas Gautschi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> im currently running a RH9 dist with Matrox Linux driver-pro v1.1.0
> beta. (The driver supports XV, says README...)
> I managed to configure it to run under XFree, which is great :)
> But one thing bothers me. I'd like MPlayer to use my parhelia's XV
> ability to draw the video overlay. As i'm a noob I have no idea how to
> get it to work and an houre of googling didn't produce any usefull
> resources.
> As far as i know a call to xvinfo should display a rather large amount
> of text, but when i do it it only produces:
>
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
> no adaptors present
>
> Any idea what I should do? Links to resources would already do.
> Thx for your help & time
> peace
> andrew
Goto www.matrox.com, then to their discussion forum, linux.
You should find the answer to your question. They are very helpful.

KJ

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/index.php?c=4