Question part M.2 standoff stuck in motherboard

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Hello i wanted to place new m.2 SSD inside my pc. but i somehow managed to broke standoff so the broken part is screwed inside m.2 socket. unluckily i tried to screw another standoff from back of motherboard to push broken peice of standoff out but there isnt where to screw it in because that broken peice is almost at the end....it broke as i was finnishing screwing it on motherboard. so i am lost now. i also tried to push it out the same way i screwed that broken one but i couldnt really push it. if i am honest i dont know what to do. i dont even have 2nd slot aailable because i already have m.2 ssd in it so its either get that peice out and put new standoff in or return that m.2 and ask for refund

any ideas...WD40 to free it up little bit??????bad idea??????

also i think if i could screw that peice a little bit more inside i could possiblly be able to take it out from the back side of motherboard using some pliers but cant seem to get it further

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Photo would help. upload to www.imgur.com and post link here.
thank u for ur replay i cannot send u a actuall picture from motherboard because its not actually my pc..its my brothers and atm its in use. i can send u this picture to help u understand what happenned.
View: https://imgur.com/wBxfO55

after2 hours passed i am slowlly comming to conclussion i broke it because i was screwing it too tight..it should be just hand tight.. basically as u can see on that picture about half or even 3/4 of standoff ,,screw,, broke off and its screwed in motherboard m.2 socket very deep almost on the end. what i mean at the end? i mean it like i can see something when i look at backside of motherboard but it still isnt enough to pull it out. basically i cant screw anything into that socket from back to push it out because there is nothing to grip another standoff in socket so i cant screw it in. i can only try maybe to screw it on top of the broken one to try to push it out from the backside of motherboard.