Part Number Information for Standard XP Modem

vinCe

Can someone give me the Dell p/n and true manufacturer name of the
standard FAX-modem that Dell puts into XPS Gen 4 machine?

I want to order one from Dell and be assured that it will work on my
XPpro Media Center machine and not have any difficulty with driver
software.

Thanks.

David

If you can get a modem cheaper locally it will come with the proper
drivers
and work fine with your computer. No need for a "Dell" modem
unless it is covered under warranty.
Dave

vinCe

I want to take advantage of a Dell coupon, so that is basic reason why
I want to purchase via Dell Online.

The PCI card FAX-modems I am seeing at the Dell website are either 35$
or 46$, so I have to find other items to exceed the minimum of $90.01
coupon. DVD media and CD media might make up the difference for me.

On 7 Jul 2005 13:29:36 -0700, "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote:

>If you can get a modem cheaper locally it will come with the proper
>drivers
>and work fine with your computer. No need for a "Dell" modem
>unless it is covered under warranty.
>Dave

Whatever was cheapest for Dell at the time. They don't standardize on
vendors.

Tom