Partial Access

MikeS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Using PPTP VPN: With a WinXP remote, I have access to servers and workstations. With Win98 using the same login/pw, I can access the PDC and workstations, but not other NT4.0 stand-alone servers (password prompts for IPC$). Any help appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

This is because XP has a feature to cache the credentials used during the
VPN connection etablishment. It would use the same credentials when it needs
to access other resources.

But this feature is not there in Win98 Hence you see the problem.

But you said you able to connect to Workstations and PDC, do they have
anonymous access enabled?

--
- Manjari
"MikeS" <mike@addyco.no-spam.com> wrote in message
> Using PPTP VPN: With a WinXP remote, I have access to servers and
workstations. With Win98 using the same login/pw, I can access the PDC and
workstations, but not other NT4.0 stand-alone servers (password prompts for
IPC$). Any help appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

None.

--
- Manjari