partial registry lost due to virus - any way to fix?

sullivan

Distinguished
May 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hey all

I'm running Windows 2k. Due to a virus on my machine, some of the registry was cleaned out, I think. While all the files are still there, certain programs that are MS based are asking for the install disks when I run them. With some of them (like IE), if I cancel the install enough times, it still starts. Other programs, like Money, don't work, even though the files are still intact (ran a check off a buddy of mine who also has Money). Is there any way that I can reclaim the lost registry keys so that these programs work again?

Thanks

Sulley

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Restore the registry from a recent backup.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]