[SOLVED] Partially Broken RTX 2070 Worth

ruscoedo

Prominent
Jan 16, 2019
I’ve had my rtx 2070 for six months now and haven’t been overusing it, its always been at low temperatures. I changed to a 2080 as it would commonly freeze onto a blue, white, brown or different colour screens and would have to be fixed by restarting the pc, this would most commonly happen when opening an application, I read about graphics card being broken on certain resolutions and think it was that. How much is my card worth as of now? Does 30% of its original price sound fair? I was thinking it could be used for bitcoin mining, 200$ for an rtx to bitcoin would be a killer deal

Solution
Yup, it's covered by RMA.

If you bought this in a manner in which it's not able to be RMAed, such as refurbished, $200 is way too much for a mysteriously broken card that sounds as if the VRAM's failing. A lot of broken GPUs can fetch $40-$70, but if the VRAM's failing, this GPU is a lot less interesting than that.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, it's covered by RMA.

If you bought this in a manner in which it's not able to be RMAed, such as refurbished, $200 is way too much for a mysteriously broken card that sounds as if the VRAM's failing. A lot of broken GPUs can fetch $40-$70, but if the VRAM's failing, this GPU is a lot less interesting than that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS