[SOLVED] Partition acting weird

Dec 18, 2019
I have an SSD which I install my OS on, and a 2TB Seagate Firecuda HDD which I divide into 2 partitions, A and B. My A partition is for games, while B is for work.

My B partition is running flawlessly, but my A partition keeps getting corrupted every time I restart my PC. Sometimes it says that folders and files are out of permission or doesn't exist. I have to do a disk repair on it before I can access the files again. I think it might have something to do with a Steam install which is in my A partition. You see, sometimes the Steam executable would suddenly freeze out and refuse to launch again, and the executable becomes corrupted, in which case I have to replace it and do a restart. But a restart also corrupts the data like I mentioned before, but it only affects the partition where Steam is located, because I moved the Steam install to my SSD and after a restart, the Windows in my SSD is corrupted and I needed to reinstall.

I'm not sure what's causing this. I've taken the HDD to be checked and they've found no bad sectors. I've reformatted my A partition and the problem still persists. I've made a clean install of Steam again and the problem still persists. I've done numerous virus scans and found nothing susceptible. Any one has any idea what's going on? I'm afraid of restarting my PC at all after all this in fear of data loss.

Solution
You have made a huge mess with partitions.

1. you have tried to extend "DATA A" to non-contiguous space;
  2. you have converted 2TB drive to dynamic;
  3. you are using drive letter A: (this drive letter is reserved for floppy drives).

I would:
copy data from 2TB drive to some other drive​
clean 2TB drive, convert it from dynamic to basic,​
repartition it and​
copy data back.​
And don't use drive letter A: for your partitions.
Dec 18, 2019
T6vuo55.png

You have made a huge mess with partitions.

1. you have tried to extend "DATA A" to non-contiguous space;
  2. you have converted 2TB drive to dynamic;
  3. you are using drive letter A: (this drive letter is reserved for floppy drives).

I would:
copy data from 2TB drive to some other drive​
clean 2TB drive, convert it from dynamic to basic,​
repartition it and​
copy data back.​
And don't use drive letter A: for your partitions.

Solution