[SOLVED] Partition Lost SSD Data to RAW

May 26, 2021
While Installing to Ubuntu SSD Data disappeared and turned into RAW. %75 Data lost..

Last edited:
Solution
The data may already be gone. For future reference, data this important should always be backed up.
You may have to try some paid data recovery programs, or, if the data is easily worth $1000+, immediately disconnect the drive and send it to one of the data recovery services like DriveSavers.
The data may already be gone. For future reference, data this important should always be backed up.
You may have to try some paid data recovery programs, or, if the data is easily worth $1000+, immediately disconnect the drive and send it to one of the data recovery services like DriveSavers.

Solution
Every step you take to try and recover the data comes with the risk of losing any possibility of recovering said data but, if you're willing to take that risk...

I would start with recovery software. Paid would be your best bet.
Can you assign the drive a drive letter in disk management? Of course, if it asks about formating the drive, cancel it.

May 26, 2021
Hi! I need urgent help friends.
I was tried Ubuntu and later changed my mind. while installing Ubundu i was make sure removed Data SSD.
Now in Windows and Ubuntu SSD doesn't show up but in BIOS. In disk management i can see my SSD but it has no Letter or File system and i cannot change anything! I can't lose my 250GB Life data! how can i fix this?
In Windows Installation it shows Letter name, size, etc.
HELP

So... you tried Ubuntu, and presumably had your Data SSD installed... however you then wanted to reinstall Windows (removing Ubuntu first) AND disconnected your SSD before you formatted the install drive, to put Windows on it?

I'm wondering if it's a case of Ubuntu has formatted that drive into a format it can read, I don't know much about the file system and formats of Ubuntu, but I suspect it's converted that SSD data drive into a format it can read, that windows can't read, or that it's been formatted it during the setup (by accident).

If anything, this is a prime example as to why you backup data before doing anything with installing or removing software. Sometimes it doesn't go as planned, and often it can mean a whole system re-install is required, or a refresh to a previous backup time.

TRENDING THREADS