[SOLVED] Partitioning of SSD on laptop

Jan 16, 2020
Hi, so i just bought a new Asus ROG Strix G. and it comes with a 512GB SSD.
A little bit of intro to my question is that on my pc I did a 2 drive setup.

1 - 120GB SSD for windows and some apps.
1 - 1TB Hard Drive to install my games and media.

This is for the sake of me not messing up any windows files on the SSD Drive.
Im currently collecting money to buy a secondary drive (500GB) for my machine.
So my question is should i partition my SSD first? and have like 3 (2 partitions from original drive and 1 partition from 500GB drive) partitions on my laptop? or is there like a way for me to undo the partition without formatting the whole drive?

Solution
Third party utilities effortlessly handle partitioning, without loss of data; but the native one in Windows does a very good job also. If you wish to create a partition to store your setup for recovery, I would choose the primary drive (SSD) as it is the easiest to access in the event of a major crash. Your SSD is small, so this option may be a squeeze. As for creating numerous partitions, unless created on the SSD, the downside if slower performance.
Jan 16, 2020
Third party utilities effortlessly handle partitioning, without loss of data; but the native one in Windows does a very good job also. If you wish to create a partition to store your setup for recovery, I would choose the primary drive (SSD) as it is the easiest to access in the event of a major crash. Your SSD is small, so this option may be a squeeze. As for creating numerous partitions, unless created on the SSD, the downside if slower performance.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS