[SOLVED] partitioning question, external HD

ModKiller

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2013
Hi, thanks for looking. I could use a little help here.

I am adding a 1tb drive in an external enclosure to my computer to use as movie storage only. I can only see this drive from computer management where I have the option to format with MBR or GPT.

I am sure I am to use the GPT format but I am unsure of the partitioning I should use.

I plan to use “eXtreme Movie Manager ” as the directory.
OS... Windows 10 PRO
Version.... 2004
Drive... Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid
Drive Enclosure... Sabrent 2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0

Thanks again for your help.

Solution
Just partition it with the full size. Don't create more than 1 partition since you can create folders to manage your stuff in it after.
Hi, thanks for looking. I could use a little help here.

I am adding a 1tb drive in an external enclosure to my computer to use as movie storage only. I can only see this drive from computer management where I have the option to format with MBR or GPT.

I am sure I am to use the GPT format but I am unsure of the partitioning I should use.

I plan to use “eXtreme Movie Manager ” as the directory.
OS... Windows 10 PRO
Version.... 2004
Drive... Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid
Drive Enclosure... Sabrent 2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0

Thanks again for your help.

MMMM ... Personally I would use MBR. Sooner or later you or someone else is going to want to plug your 'movie drive' into the usb port of say ... a blu ray player. Not many can work with GPT ... MBR is almost always OK. Also, they can only use 1 partition so I'd stay away from adding extras. As "Nemesia" suggests ... just use folders.

Reactions: Nemesia