[SOLVED] Partition's and Windows

Oct 8, 2019
I am about to recieve my new SSD and will do a fresh install of windows 10 on that drive. (YES I will put a partition on the SSD for the windows install so I can have an actual recovery disk installed in the second partition for the future) it (the SSD) will ony contain windows 10 and the recovery in the second partition. The first part of my question is can I uninstall windows from the current dirve after I have the new SSD up and running?

THERE IS NO PARTITION ON MY CURRENT HARD DRIVE (I didn't bother because I knew this was temporary} so please do not tell me how to ( or just to) delete the windows partition. There is nearly 400GB of data on this drive and I do not want to re download the programs, drivers and such for this PC that is 4 to 6 hours of time I would rather not lose again, so reformatting is absolutely out of the question. The final part is if there is no way for me to do that (uninstall windows 10) can I make a partition for the current Windows 10 install after the fact and then delete that partition (or make it hidden so the PC does not see it) to make winows go away (yea I realize that this will probably mess up my registry (but I have done that before and lived to tell about it lol) I can deal wtih the build and the customization of the hardware but the software is not my forte' any help is appreciated so thank you in advance.

Solution
You don't need to do that much of leg work for making a recovery partition. In fact, all you'll need to do is make a bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, keep that handy all your life. You can then have the OS make the necessary partitions for the OS(as it sees fit) without the need to create an additional recovery partition.

That being said, we're dealing with Windows 10 here, always make sure you backup your content regularly in case you end up with an issue OS wise.

Delete is not the right course of action nor the right word to use when dealing with Windows 10. Ideally back up your data onto a portable storage device and rework the partition(s). Inf cat this is going to be a one off task. Once you've got the SSD...

Lutfij

Titan
You don't need to do that much of leg work for making a recovery partition. In fact, all you'll need to do is make a bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, keep that handy all your life. You can then have the OS make the necessary partitions for the OS(as it sees fit) without the need to create an additional recovery partition.

That being said, we're dealing with Windows 10 here, always make sure you backup your content regularly in case you end up with an issue OS wise.

Delete is not the right course of action nor the right word to use when dealing with Windows 10. Ideally back up your data onto a portable storage device and rework the partition(s). Inf cat this is going to be a one off task. Once you've got the SSD installed, with the OS running you're free to manage the HDD and from then on you're hopefully set for life.

Solution
Oct 8, 2019

Delete is not the right course of action nor the right word to use when dealing with Windows 10. Ideally back up your data onto a portable storage device and rework the partition(s). Inf cat this is going to be a one off task. Once you've got the SSD installed, with the OS running you're free to manage the HDD and from then on you're hopefully set for life.

Thank you!! Tthis sounds promising, I do have an external 1TB drive that I could back up my current dirve on and then presumably could move only the data I want from there back onto my fresly formatted "old" HDD. Is this a correct interpretation of your answer. I am a little thick in the head sometimes so I just want to be sure