Partitions deleted after Windows 10 manual 1709 update

Apr 27, 2018
I am seriously facing the worst issue.. I installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo G580 4GB-1TB system. After installing I was unable to do windows update due to .netfx3.5. I manually installed 1709 new kB. (601 MB). After update I was asked to reboot. After rebooting. I got INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error. And when I checked my system restore point it was not there. I then booted system with Windows 10 media. When I tried to do install. It showed me Only 1 disk. And that too was Unallocated Space of 931.5GB. There are no partitions i can see. I really want to have those partitions. Kindly help.

Apr 28, 2018
Same situation here. Didn't manually install any update, but Windows did receive an update yesterday (don't know which one because it all happend on the background ). We were using the computer normally, when we finished turned it off, and when this morning we tried to turn it on, this error came up.

Colif

Win 11 Master
One thing that can happen is the boot method is swapped and the PC is trying to boot hdd that are formatted as GPT when they are really MBR -

@devgit2810 That can explain the Inaccessiable disk error but not why its blank now. 931gb = 1tb hdd

If its showing as unallocated space, it means its blank. You will need to use that installer disk to install win 10 again, just follow this from step 12 or 13 - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

@ Mrrbohnke I would download a win 10 installer and check using diskpart to see what drives are showing - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in bios so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list vol and press enter

this shows all partitions on drive. Partition X = the ram drive created by installer
can you type out the results in a question of your own as it will be less complicated instead of trying to answer 2 people at once :)

Apr 28, 2018
@Colif, that's just what I was doing right now, sorry for the haste before, as it looks like mine is not the same problem: my partitions are there.
Thank you.
@Devgit2810 good luck dude.

Apr 27, 2018
After lot much research I used bootable ease us partition manager. And I was able to see some of my partitions from bootable usb. I just marked C drive as active. Then again I marked the system reserved partition aa active. And fixed mbr using option in ease us partition manager. Then i rebooted. Now I saw "Applying updates". And I booted successfully.

But still out of 931 it is showing nearly 500 gb aa Unallocated in disk management. I got one windows partition and one another partition.

3 partitons are still in that Unallocated space. 1.200GB
2. 250GB
3. 50 GB (Bitlocker Encrypted)

I did partition (Fast) partition recovery and it found first two partitions. I applied changes. It said changes applied successfully. But when I checked in My computer. No drives were there. May be I need to reboot.

Ryt first I booted I am uninstalling all updates.
Also I have checked that update which I was trying to install before this all problem happened was not installed.

I will post it after reboot.

But I really want some files from that encrypted drive (50GB) in Unallocated space. I am searching for help for that as well.

TRENDING THREADS