Question Partitions randomly disappear

Partitionmissing

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

so it seems that i've got a pretty difficult problem regarding to the IT services i already asked which had no idea.

My Problem:

Since a windows 10 update to the build ''10.0.19041'' 2 of my 4 drives keep vanishing not the drive themselves they are still visible in the diskmanagement but the partitions on them. In total i got a 1tb crucial ssd with win10 installed on and some programms, a seagte baracuda 2tb with games and some programms on it, a 1 tb wd blue with Programms and games on it and a samung evo860 500gb ssd with 1 game on it nothing else. So the samsung ssd and the wd hdd have one partition on them in the ntfs format after a certain amount of time ( from 2 up to 5 days ) the partitions dissapear the hdd and ssd are still visible in the diskmanagement but they are blacked out and diskmanagement tells me to initializeand format them which doesn t make sense cause all the data is still excessable when i use the mini tool partition wizard free version 9.0 that s the only way i found so far to get the paritions back but after the certain amount of time i mentioned above the partitons keep dissapearing again.

The samsung ssd and wd hdd are pretty new not even a week old. I replaced the old drives cause another hdd the 2tb one i mentioned above which had the same problem was fixed after i replaced it and cloned the data on it to the new one with acronis true image 2020. i did the same with the samsung ssd and wd hdd but they still keep suddenly dissappering. I also heard that the chipset driver could cause the issue by not being compatible with the current windows version so i installed the lasted one ( i have a gigabyte aorus x570 elite motherboard and an amd 3900x cpu, 32 gb ram and a gtx1070) but this still didnt help. Then i tried crystal disk but it told me that all my drives are running excellent without any errors. I also tried downgrading windows to a earlier version but that didnt work also. I also replaced the sata cables still no fix. And i also repaired windows 10 like shown in this video :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqFdcGL1X0
which also didnt help. There is still the option to do a complete new install of windows 10 but i wouldnt like to that cause i would have to reinstall all my programms games and copy all my current settings which in total are arround 2,2 tb. of data.
I hope that someone can help me with that problem. I've contacted so many it services and read for hours and hours threw forums but nothing helped so far. Btw i am sorry for my bad english it s not my main language.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
For future reference, backupbackupbackupbackupbackup.
Given a viable backup strategy, nothing need ever be lost.

"reinstall without losing data" is a nice concept, but it does NOT always work exactly right.

Now...as to why your system keeps "losing partitions", please give us a full parts list of this system.

Partitionmissing

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
I have a backup but even with the backup loaded it doesn t work i forgot to mention that sry and the files are not gone cause i can always get them back via the minitool but it seems like windows has problems saving the partitions in a long term.
Here is the my part list:
Gpu: Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx1070 8gb
Cpu: Amd ryzen9 3900x
Ram: 4x8GB DDR4 32GB Corsair Vengeance
RGB PRO 3200MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
SSD's: 500gb samsung evo 860 and a Crucial CT1000MX 1tb
HHD's : Western Digital Blue 1Tb (WDC WD10 EZEX-00WN4A0) and a Seagatte Barracuda 2Tb (ST2000DM 008-2FR102)
Windows Build: 10.0.19041 Build 19041 (64-Bit)

Partitionmissing

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
So this is how it look when i fixed it with the mini tool i mentioned before:

and this is how it looks when the problem appears and its not temporarily fixed with the mini tool ( disk 0 and 2 in the first picture look like the one in the blue circle )

I also had the problem with disk 3 which is now the seagate barracuda 2tb since i replaced it and cloned the data from the old one with acronis true image on it it never disappeard since than and disk 1 is the system ssd from crucial which never disappeard at all since since this problem started to mess up my pc

Partitionmissing

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
So today the problem occured again now here is a screenshot of my drives that shows how they look like after the problem occured:
View: https://twitter.com/Hanspeter12315/status/1321118363926568960/photo/1

and here are also some screenshots from dmde i don t know if those are the right ones but maybe they will help to determine the problem better:
Here for the Samsung Evo 860 SSD:
View: https://twitter.com/Hanspeter12315/status/1321119966251417601/photo/1

Here for the Western Digital Blue HDD 1Tb:
View: https://twitter.com/Hanspeter12315/status/1321120176704835588/photo/1