[SOLVED] Parts all compatible?

Aphix_

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Watch the language
I'll TL;DR it for you, to make this a lot more bearable. My brother's PC is a little outdated, and apparently doesnt match his needs, I would like an upgrade to play newer games with higher settings. Plan is to give him my PC, (keep our own storage drives), and happy days. However, his current PC still has useful parts. I'll be keeping my RMX650 and putting his current CX600 in there instead, and i've always had an idea about flashing his H170 motherboard to be compatible with my 2600, so i can keep my b450 motherboard and put a 3600 in it instead. (Stay with me, its a Removed I know)

Basically what I need to know is, A) will the CX600 be enough for a 2600 + rx580 system. and B) is flashing a motherboard easy enough to do.

If both those can be answered, I'll benefit from it hugely cause i can afford to buy faster RAM and a better GPU, and he'll benefit by having my current PC which is still a strong machine, over his "rubbish" one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Your AMD 2600 won't work on his Intel H170 motherboard.

A) Maybe but it's an older low quality unit and personally I wouldn't risk it.

2) It's not too difficult but pointless to do in this case as the CPU won't work on that motherboard.

Aphix_

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Your AMD 2600 won't work on his Intel H170 motherboard.

A) Maybe but it's an older low quality unit and personally I wouldn't risk it.

2) It's not too difficult but pointless to do in this case as the CPU won't work on that motherboard.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I was just thinking of ways to save as much money as possible, but cut corners, cut performance i suppose ;) TY

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks for the speedy reply. I was just thinking of ways to save as much money as possible, but cut corners, cut performance i suppose ;) TY
What parts does he have exactly?

The H170 isn't that old and if he has an i5 or something then it might be fine to keep. If he doesn't have a GPU or it's older then maybe that's the part (including the PSU) that needs to be replaced for more fluid gaming.