Question Parts for a new rig

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Hi everyone, today I would like to ask you guys and girls what would be the best and cheapest parts for a new rig.
Tecnically, it would be considered an upgrade, but since all the parts in one of the pc's are 10 year old, the other 13 year old, i think it's pretty obvious i wont be able to salvage anything.
So, even tho the two pc's are different in terms of specs as of now and are to different people, (one being me and the other is to my uncle), they will actually be used with the exact same purpose. Basically, they are "primarily" for work, but i would like for both to be used for a bit of gaming, being the most commonly played game minecraft.
I alredy have somewhat of an idea of what to get, but Im still to new to be choosing the parts by myself, so im asking here. Since I would like something that can handle what I just said well enough to not struggle, but to still be cheap, I was thinking going for AMD would be my best bet, the pc I am using right now to write this, is my gaming pc, it has an AMD CPU and I'm loving it.
Well, I guess i stated my "problem" well enough, sorry if i wrote a lot, I usually do that, but I always prefer too say a lot of not usefull stuff, than to not say some usefull stuff.

Well the case can be kept over to make your new system. Something like the Ryzen G CPUs would be good as they have strong performance with integrated graphics.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GzRBw6
This should be a perfect system for your needs, and can even play the newest AAA games. Note that you will be able to save money if you do not need the case or hard drive (you can keep these from your old PC). This system is also upgradable... So if you feel that down the line you need more power, you can do.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Yeah, sorry for not mentioning that, I was gonna keep the case, I just forgot to write that down. About the hard drive, from all the experience I have as of now, Im pretty sure both pc's have a HDD, and I would like to upgrade that to a SSD, even if its a cheap with smaller storage, because i can always use an external hard drive.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
I don't have any problems in ordering parts from Amazon, I have done it in the past and it was fine, but do the other stores work for Portugal? I don't know any of them, maybe I'll have to buy the parts in physical stores here.

The closest location I could get was Spain. https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/dpnQtg. I removed the case and hard drive, so that all it leaves is what you want. I'd suggest that you look around yourself on Portuguese sites. Look for a B450 motherboard, a ryzen 5 2400g, a reputable brand PSU 400w or above and at least 80+ Bronze, and get 2 sticks of matching RAM at least 3000MHz. This will be the best cheap system, and should be very strong for your needs.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Ok, I have been browsing a store I know for a fact its trustworthy, in case you wanna browse it, its name is pcdiga and the website is https://www.pcdiga.com/, but, even tho they do make good prices, even comparing to web stores, they don't have the ram and power supply you suggested me, so I will try to search for the best one possible to replace those two, the rest they have it just for a bit pricier than it is from the web stores, but since I can grab them at a physical store, I prefer it that way.
Well, anyways, thanks a lot for your help, it was precious.

For the Ryzen 2400g integrated graphics system, that PSU will be alright. However, they are typically considered low quality (but not the worst). If you ever want to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card then you will want a better PSU too, like the one I recommended.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Ok, I get it know, and in your opinion, if i was to get a decent GPU for this build, what would you recommend? And also, let me ask, in terms of the working and stuff related to that part, is this build also good in that? Like, for example, in browsing and multitasking?

Last edited:
Definitely go for the Seasonic S12II if you want a GPU. If you are planning on using a GPU as soon as you get the system, then I would suggest going for a Ryzen 5 1600 as they are cheaper than the 2400g, yet faster, but without integrated graphics. That way, you have more money for a GPU, plus a faster CPU. Something like a GTX 1660Ti or better would be a good choice, or if you want RTX then an RTX 2060. You should note that for Minecraft you do not need this, the 2400g with integrated graphics should be able to play it at maximum with no problems. In fact, it can play any game, including the AAA games as long as you are ok to reduce some graphics settings.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Ok, I just wanted to know your opinion on a GPU, because me and my uncle are discussing prices, and we wanted to see what a bit biffier build than the first one would cost, but I think we are setteled, thanks a lot again for the help you provived.

brunolopespontes

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Well, I have been looking, and for some reason, on that store that i talked about, the ryzen ryzen 5 1600 is actually more expensive than the ryzen 5 2400G, so it isn't worth it.

Last edited: