Parts for ATI Radeon HD 4870X2

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
A few years back I bought a wakeboard and some of the hardware (due mainly to my own carelessness) fell off and was lost in the lake. The part that fell off was not something that I could replace... you couldn't buy a replacement... you couldn't make one... basically this $2 part just ruined my summer (and potentially my wallet) Well, I called up the manufacturer and plainly explained the situation... fully taking the blame for the lost part. 4 days later my free replacement part shows up in the mail. Thanks CWB Board Company!

I said all of that to say this... maybe you could call ATI or perhaps the company that made that particular card. All it takes is one helpful person. Best of luck.

wudoo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for the tip, I will try with ATi, my HD4870X2 is from Diamond, and I destroyed one of the screws and spring replacing the cooler for an Arctic Accellero Xtreme - now I need to RMA my board and put the original cooler / fan back - so I can't ask the manufacturer for ir...

Good tip anyways! Thanks again!

wudoo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Got a reply from AMD/ATi saying they don't have the part to send, and that I would need to send the whole video card for warranty replacement: problem is I removed them myself so they would say I voided the warranty...

Anyone has a spare of the screw and spring for those XBraces?? OR a dead video card they would part the parts out for me?? :)