[SOLVED] parts justified for 2700x

Dec 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have just built my first PC and the performance is amazing but it does not solve my real purpose of getting this built. I work with huge excel files with million rows that use vlookup and sumifs and hybrid of count and if functions. The reason for getting this PC was to get the work done faster but i am not getting much difference coming from a dual core I5 and 4 gb ram. My new build has:

Ryzen 2700x

B450M Mortar

8 GB 2666 MHZ g.skill ripjaw Vseries

240gb WD green M.2 SSD

Nvedia 710 2GB graphics card

Gigabyte 500W bronze certified PSU

I have overclocked the processor to 4.15 mhz however the ram cannot be overclocked. I notice a HUGE difference in performance from my previous laptop but i don't notice much difference in the excel calculation speeds which is the real reason this PC was built. Although I don't plan on using this PC for anything other than a workstation but i want the 2700x to run at its full efficiency after spending all that money. 

Can anyone see a bottleneck anywhere which is most likely to slow down excel calculations or the PC in general. I can still exchange the parts. I don't plan on playing games or video editing so don't require a graphics card. Any recommendations will be helpful. Thanks

Varun

Solution
from the qvl list of board try to get a 3200 in speed with samsung b-die in your country you will love them and made ryzen happy . it is greyed out because our ram run at max speed .
Dec 7, 2018

Was thinking of getting 3200 8gbx2 but my country only has trident Z RGB which is 210 usd here and i wonder if that would return value in terms of speed increase

Dec 7, 2018

My motherboard BIOS menu has the XMP profile option grayed out because the ram does not support overclock