Parts Of Screen Get Cut Off Out Of Monitor

Kevern_11

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
I installed windows 10 on my PC I just built. I5-6600k with a MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Motherboard. Temporarily running off integrated graphics (Intel HD 530).

But the screen doesn't fully show on the little TV im using as a monitor and parts get cut off. When I change the resolution it either shrinks to only cover like a tiny part of the middle of the screen or expand over it even more. Im using HDMI as well.

The same issue happens in BIOS. Ive installed drivers but nope.

Solution
TVs always crop off the edges of the frame by default. You need to look for an option in your TV's menus called "overscan". I've also seen it called "full pixel mode" on some makes and there are probably other names too.

Alternatively, if your TV doesn't have an overscan option, I think the Intel graphics control panel has options to allow you to compensate for it by shrinking the active display area.

Hope this helps,
Stephen

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
TVs always crop off the edges of the frame by default. You need to look for an option in your TV's menus called "overscan". I've also seen it called "full pixel mode" on some makes and there are probably other names too.

Alternatively, if your TV doesn't have an overscan option, I think the Intel graphics control panel has options to allow you to compensate for it by shrinking the active display area.

Hope this helps,
Stephen

Solution