[SOLVED] Parts required for building windows 7 machine in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
I want to build a system that runs windows 7 flawlessly. Please don't turn it into a upgrade to Windows 10 thread. Please list atleast the cpu and motherboard required.

You'll have to go back a few years to find such a system as newer systems only support Windows 10 (and maybe 8.1). Windows 7 goes "End Of Life" in just over a week which means no more patches or updates. Time to face the facts (whether or not you want to hear it) that Windows 10 is the future.

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
You'll have to go back a few years to find such a system as newer systems only support Windows 10 (and maybe 8.1). Windows 7 goes "End Of Life" in just over a week which means no more patches or updates. Time to face the facts (whether or not you want to hear it) that Windows 10 is the future.
Actually the problem with me is that I need Corel 12 for business and Windows 10 does not support it. I cant use latest corel because in the ecosystem I live in everybody uses old version and you just cant survive out of the ecosystem. But at the same time I want a modern Graphic Design machine that can match up to the workflow I have. I am really in a fix what to do.

Actually the problem with me is that I need Corel 12 for business and Windows 10 does not support it. I cant use latest corel because in the ecosystem I live in everybody uses old version and you just cant survive out of the ecosystem. But at the same time I want a modern Graphic Design machine that can match up to the workflow I have. I am really in a fix what to do.
Then you (and your "ecosystem") is at a crossroads. Your requirements are diametrically opposed. You cannot have both a modern "Graphic Design" machine and one that supports the old workflow (as you've defined it) simultaneously. Something has to give. Though Windows 7 in a virtual machine just might be usable.

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Then you (and your "ecosystem") is at a crossroads. Your requirements are diametrically opposed. You cannot have both a modern "Graphic Design" machine and one that supports the old workflow (as you've defined it) simultaneously. Something has to give. Though Windows 7 in a virtual machine just might be usable.
I was reading about MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard and it said it supports windows 7 64 bit with Pinnacle Ridge and Summit Ridge CPUs. How does that work?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Some peoples and companies still use windows 7. It have better compatibility, stability, performance and etc. in some ways, better work with older software(also newer). Not everybody have hundreds, or thousands dollars for new rigs and software. I think best, and newest you can get from intel 6 th gen processors. Also check motherboards, that fully supports windows 7 drivers and features.

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Rather than build a windows 7 machine, I would buy one. With the EOL of Windows 7 coming there are many windows 7 machines for sale on Ebay.
I live in India and eBay shows windows 7 machines at 420 dollars plus 100 dollars shipping. But atleast I will be saved the headache of individually looking for four year old parts. Good option.

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Some peoples and companies still use windows 7. It have better compatibility, stability, performance and etc. in some ways, better work with older software(also newer). Not everybody have hundreds, or thousands dollars for new rigs and software. I think best, and newest you can get from intel 6 th gen processors. Also check motherboards, that fully supports windows 7 drivers and features.
Thanks for the advice. Even 6th Generation processors will be a massive upgrade over my current Core 2 duo. Also Microsoft didn't do good by blocking windows 7 on all newest hardware but nothing can be done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.