[SOLVED] Passthrough Poweline adapter help

Apr 16, 2020
So I need help getting the best pass through poweline adapter for my environment. I only have one plug outlet in my room and the adapter has to be one that points upwards from the outlet rarther than downwards as my outlet is just above the carpet. A downwards one woudnt fit. Can anyone help?

Solution
You can get the previous generation devices they are called av500 except by tplink who call them av600.

The newest ones are generally called av2-600 or 1200 but you also see them called 1000 and 2000.

The older models might save you a small amount of money but the new version work much better. They are faster but much more important they work in many houses where the older devices have problems.

Not sure that is not a bad price, it is for a pair of units.

Although it is not recommended you can use very short extension cords with powerline. Mostly the ones that cause issues are thin cords that are more than say 6ft. I have run them on a 50ft heavy duty extension cord (no 12 wire) to test and they worked fine. Powerline is...
Apr 16, 2020
You can get the previous generation devices they are called av500 except by tplink who call them av600.

The newest ones are generally called av2-600 or 1200 but you also see them called 1000 and 2000.

The older models might save you a small amount of money but the new version work much better. They are faster but much more important they work in many houses where the older devices have problems.

Although it is not recommended you can use very short extension cords with powerline. Mostly the ones that cause issues are thin cords that are more than say 6ft. I have run them on a 50ft heavy duty extension cord (no 12 wire) to test and they worked fine. Powerline is very strange sometimes. Things you would think would have no impact like a simple fan can cause massive issues.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution
Apr 16, 2020

Although it is not recommended you can use very short extension cords with powerline. Mostly the ones that cause issues are thin cords that are more than say 6ft. I have run them on a 50ft heavy duty extension cord (no 12 wire) to test and they worked fine. Powerline is very strange sometimes. Things you would think would have no impact like a simple fan can cause massive issues.
Yea okay I'm gonna look around on amazon ect. And have a look.
I am currently using a powerline sort of method, but I have them in outlet lead extensions (I have too) so the preformance isnt very good. That's why I want the pass through ones so I can plug them into the outlets then have my extension going out from the powelines.