Password Incorrect yet Im typing in the correct password.

Romalian

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
I'm going to say this right away: Do not tell me I'm typing it in wrong. I'm not stupid.

Anyways, within the last few days every time I try to log into my computer, it will ALWAYS tell my password is wrong regardless if it is or not. I don't know why this is or what I can do to fix it.

The kicker is, it *eventually* works. Eventually after like 20 attempts, it'll finally log me back in. My I had to change my password to something 3 characters long just to make the whole process less annoying, but it's still annoying regardless.

Is there some virus that may do this?

fadingfool

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I suspect it's your MS account (requires internet connection) - switch to a local admin account (user accounts - sign in with local account) as that won't require the authentication over the internet.

Romalian

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

My Account isn't linked to my Windows Live Account. It's just a Local profile.

Romalian

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
I figured it out.

There's a little eyeball icon that you can click on that shows you exactly what you're typing when you do your password. And it turns out my External Keyboard has been typing numbers as if Shift is being pressed. Not sure why this is happening but that's another story.