Password protect using printer

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Is there a way I can password protect my printer so that if someone
needs to print to it, they need to have a password? The printer is in my
room but I don't want just anyone printing to it when they feel like.
Using Win XP Pro with Epson R200 printer.
thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello

Well when your not around turn it off, or unplug it

Al

"©®" wrote:

> Is there a way I can password protect my printer so that if someone
> needs to print to it, they need to have a password? The printer is in my
> room but I don't want just anyone printing to it when they feel like.
> Using Win XP Pro with Epson R200 printer.
> thanks

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Sorry...I meant to say, that someone will have access to my PC and
peripherals (scanner, printer etc.) just that I don't want them to use
the printer and I don't want to have to pack it away.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If they can walk away carrying the printer just how do you want to
prevent them from using it at another PC. On the other hand if you just
want to make it inconvenient you can make a "user account" for them to
use and disallow use of peripherals by that account. Start by reading XP
Help about User accounts and Sharing your PC