Password Protected Folders

Deleted member 3023

I was wondering if there is a way to password folders? I am using XP Home.

Hi Corey,

No, there isn't a way natively, you would need a third party utility.
WindowsXP provides for permission-based access, not passwording, but the
ability to manipulate security settings only is available in the Pro
version.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Corey" <Corey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if there is a way to password folders? I am using XP Home.

I'm using XP Pro and just posted the same question. Do I need a third party
program?
Ben

Try Hide Folders XP http://www.fspro.net/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Corey" <Corey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if there is a way to password folders? I am using XP Home.

Thank you. Looks like what I'm looking for.
Ben

> Try Hide Folders XP http://www.fspro.net/
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Corey" <Corey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I was wondering if there is a way to password folders? I am using XP Home.

TRENDING THREADS