Password required to access share

I have a win2000 pro box sharing a folder. The permissions are set to
Everyone and full control.

When an xp box accesses the share it always requires a user name and
password. Some computers don't require this. What can I do to avoid this?

Thanks.

"SAC" <sac@abc.com> wrote in message
> I have a win2000 pro box sharing a folder. The permissions are set to
> Everyone and full control.
>
> When an xp box accesses the share it always requires a user name and
> password. Some computers don't require this. What can I do to avoid
this?

> Thanks.

Your WinXP user uses an account ABC and a password XYX to
log on to his box. Create the ABC account on the Win2000 PC,
with a password of XYZ. If you don't then the WinXP user
will be treated as a stranger, as he should!

Thanks!