Password

mryoink

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
If you don't know your routers password, you can reset it to the default. Most routers have a reset button on the back you can hold for 5-10secs to reset to default, then you use the router manuf's default PW, if you don't know that you can google it since they vary by brand.

I don't know any router that uses 192.168.33.1 as the routers IP. Nor do they have a "gues" account. (I'm assuming he meant guest.) I'm guessing at this point that he is trying to hack a computer that he sees on the network. No, you won't get help with that here.

33.1 should not be a PC either, .1 would be reserved for the gateway, but with the way the user is written, does sound like it's a PC and they are trying to authenticate to the guest account. Which is almost always disabled. Probably someone tried to type it in while trying a bunch of random stuff, and it's in the default user field.

You need to post exactly what you are trying to connect to.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
192.168.x.x is a private network and is the typical default network segment used by routers for internal IPs. The router will also have an external address (as 99% of Tom's users know) that is provided by the user's ISP.

If this is a router, the OP just needs to ask (if legitimate) for the info from the network owner.

Otherwise, if this is the OP's router and a reset is needed, then he can simply reset as directed already.

If for nefarious reasons the OP wants help, he can just move along.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

While I agree that x.x.x.1 is usually assigned to routers, when I used ATT Uverse, they used x.x.x.254. No kidding.