I've forgotten the password to the comp. admins. account and i don't want to
reboot the computer, cause then I'll lose all the info. Is there any way I
can bypass or allow another account to be a com. admin. without logging into
the other com. admin.?

> I've forgotten the password to the comp. admins. account and i don't want
> reboot the computer, cause then I'll lose all the info.

This seems to suggest the computer is up and running and you are logged on?
Do you have access to the desktop?

If so right click on my computer and select manage. Expand local users and
groups, highlight the users folder in the left pane, right click the
administrator account in the right pane and select "set password"

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Hannnah" <Hannnah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've forgotten the password to the comp. admins. account and i don't want
> reboot the computer, cause then I'll lose all the info. Is there any way I
> can bypass or allow another account to be a com. admin. without logging
> into
> the other com. admin.?

Hi

Please try the following link: