Review Patriot P300 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Low Price, No Frills

Yes, indeed, enthusiasts will NOT want this drive. "DRAMless" & "QLC" are definitely items enthusiasts will not want to see in the description of a potential new NVMe M.2 SSD. :)

So it's usually better than a SATA drive, whether that SATA drive is a SSD or HDD. However, even there, I will note that the SATA SSD sometimes beat this drive, and in past tests of doing drive imaging (restore using Macrium Reflect), QLC drives couldn't even go faster than a HDD. (ugh)

cfbcfb

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Yes, indeed, enthusiasts will NOT want this drive. "DRAMless" & "QLC" are definitely items enthusiasts will not want to see in the description of a potential new NVMe M.2 SSD. :)

So it's usually better than a SATA drive, whether that SATA drive is a SSD or HDD. However, even there, I will note that the SATA SSD sometimes beat this drive, and in past tests of doing drive imaging (restore using Macrium Reflect), QLC drives couldn't even go faster than a HDD. (ugh)

Yep, not getting the article at all. Slow, dramless, and I can buy nvme drives with twice the performance for the same price.

May 8, 2020
Hi,
Can you please tell me how you run the Sustained Sequential Test.
I've read various of Tom's Hadware Reviews, and also your sticky saying "How We Test SSDs'" but they don't give enough information for me.

At the least, can you tell me what Queue Depth you test at? All you say is that you test at at a sustained sequential rate, with a 128kB packet, for 15 minutes. But you don't say what QD.

In addition, what sampling frequency do you use?

Some Reviewer sites use time based, at something like 1 datum every 5 seconds, others use 2 datums per second. And one does it data based, at 1 datum per 1 GB.

Your output graphs join your data points with a continuous line, without any indication of data frequency, so I cannot tell from that, unfortunately.

I want to be able to use the test results from a number of Review sites, to see how SSD's perform under various conditions, but to use yours, I need more procedural information.

Thanks for this.

Oct 1, 2022
3 years later, the 256GB version is likely the best sub-$20 PCIe drive on the market. Just picked one up for $18.99 to be a straight OS drive for a media server with 16TB HDD for said media, but also as Win 11's Docs/DL/Music/Photo on a board that only has PCIe Gen2 x2 anyway. The WD Blue SN550 is double the price.