[SOLVED] Patriot Viper 3 blk mamba DDR3 1866 - RAM 16gb only running at 803MHz?

hughhill

Honorable
Sep 27, 2015
I have this conundrum which I did try to resolve myself but my girlfriend is in Italy and I have done as much as I can from my end, I will be going there in two weeks so ytying to find out if this can be resolved by tweaking with the settings/bios or if I need to get her new ram?

I bought these for my girlfriend as her system has been running slow, she told me that it seems to be running slower now so I asked her to send me some screenshots. (which I will attach)
it couldn't be running at half the speed and then be doubled as that would then read as 933mhz so not sure what is happening there...
I did a system compatibility check on pc parts picker and that's why I went for this as I didn't want her to face any problems.
When I fitted it, it started up straight away with no errors or beep codes so, I just believed it was a success until that is I had a look at the screen captures and seeing that speed of 803mhz just doesn't seem right to me.
As there were only 2 cards I put them in as the manufacturer stated in slot 1 and slot 3 but I don't think that has anything to do with it?

System details are

OS Widows 10 X64
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 (Dennab 45nm Technology)
RAM -16gb dual-channel DDR3 803mhz (should say 1866mhz) 9-9-9-24 (Should be 10-11-10-30). see screen capture.
Motherboard - GA-990XA-UD3 (Socket 2)
Graphics card Nvidia GTX 285

Ram
memory details are

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks guy's

Hugh Hill

Solution
I have this conundrum which I did try to resolve myself but my girlfriend is in Italy and I have done as much as I can from my end, I will be going there in two weeks so ytying to find out if this can be resolved by tweaking with the settings/bios or if I need to get her new ram?

I bought these for my girlfriend as her system has been running slow, she told me that it seems to be running slower now so I asked her to send me some screenshots. (which I will attach)
it couldn't be running at half the speed and then be doubled as that would then read as 933mhz so not sure what is happening there...
I did a system compatibility check on pc parts picker and that's why I went for this as I didn't want her to face any problems.
When I...

When I fitted it, it started up straight away with no errors or beep codes so, I just believed it was a success until that is I had a look at the screen captures and seeing that speed of 803mhz just doesn't seem right to me.
As there were only 2 cards I put them in as the manufacturer stated in slot 1 and slot 3 but I don't think that has anything to do with it?

System details are

OS Widows 10 X64
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 (Dennab 45nm Technology)
RAM -16gb dual-channel DDR3 803mhz (should say 1866mhz) 9-9-9-24 (Should be 10-11-10-30). see screen capture.
Motherboard - GA-990XA-UD3 (Socket 2)
Graphics card Nvidia GTX 285

Ram
memory details are

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks guy's

Hugh Hill
Processor's limitation, lucky it's running at 1600. Only FX processors can go higher.

Solution