Patriot Viper LED 16GB DDR4-3600 C16 Dual-Channel Kit Review: Top-Notch Single-Rank RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished

You're better off waiting for Ryzen+ when it comes to higher-speed RAM, especially pushing above 3600. Personally I'd be perfectly happy if your typical 3600 kit ran fine out of the box with the flip of an XMP profile switch. An X470/Ryzen+ rig may very well be my next build, if board prices are reasonable.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I've been running my Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866MHz for years, nice and stable at 2400MHz. Not too shabby for a 1600MHz default ram. I find it funny that as well known as Patriot is, for anything from SSDs to USB sticks to ram, the only ram ppl are sticking too is g-skill and corsair. Lifetime warranty is a bonus, the ram works very well, it's compatibility is no different than any other vendor and Patriot Elite was my goto of choice for early Ryzens as it worked, where others didn't.

Kudos to Patriot... Again.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Why don't you test memos on Ryzen, is the only platform that is sensible to ram speed and latency because of the way they are designed, it's pretty much worthless to do it on an intel setup.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
@alextheblue
Current Ryzen goes well with 3600+ ram, thing is reviewers and techtubers are not caring about using those 4200+ kits to see the limits of Ryzen controller.

3600 CL15 would be awesome (downclocking a 4000+ premium kit).

The most I saw was from some small youtuber gettomg a 3600kit and going 3466 CL14, massive improvement on Ryzen even after 3200 CL14.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're on the right track, we're trying to compare a full range of RAM all the way up to DDR4-4200 on a single platform.

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
The lighting looks horrible, it's not even throughout the top of the heatspreader. In 2018 if you are going to make LED make it RGB, and make it multizone RGB with vibrant and even lightning. If you cannot do this, then dont even bother with LEDs, Focus on a sleek and modern heatspreader design for minimalist builds. Too many products out there with lackluster LED lightning and RGB lighting, Really all they do is make your build an eye sore. I would rather see this heat spreader with a nice piece of brushed aluminum down the middle, or even a sandblasted aluminum. The LED just kills it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.